Sunday, October 14, 2007

Your Comments are Too Clever

So, I think it is time for you guys who comment on this blog to "dumb it down". There is a person, his/her identitiy will remain in the lock box, who occasionally emails me comments about one of my posts or gives me a call to comment. I asked the obvious question, "Why don't you just comment?" I know how much I love reading the comments to my own posts, in fact, everyone Iknow who has a blog comments because they understand the thrill. What was the answer? "Oh, the people who comment are so smart and witty and I would just feel stupid." Performance Anxiety for the comment section of a blog. Now, I know I love it when I think of something that, at the very minimum, amuses me. However, I think that we need a little sensitivity about how we are making the "not quite as witty" feel. My suggestion was that maybe this person should refrain from reading the other comments and just write their own. "Oh no, sometimes the comments are better than your post!" Great.

So, in the interest of helping this person out, really moronic comments only on this one, please. You might want to address this with your own non-commenters. I actually asked about half a dozen people who never comment if they also had this anxiety, they said no, they just don't know how to sign in. Apparently I have a lot of anxious and lazy friends.

4 comments:

Clint C. said...

If you want to reduce the clever ratio of your comments you have to ban the Nelson's. And no self-commenting, Jessica.

Tylershark said...

Is this where I order my Domino's Pizza online? I'd like a large pepperoni pizza. And you better be fast this time or I'll order from Papa John's next time.

P.S. If Kevin is working tonight send him with the pizza, I have that CD I burned for him. And wait to charge my credit card until tomorrow. It can't look like I bought a pizza on Sunday on my statement.

Kristen said...

I really can't think of anything clever to say.

But I guess that's the point...

Jessica said...

good job tyler, very nice